Tuesday, January 11, 2011

phrenology and the way brains work

hello bloglets! :D
it seems like i've been gone forever... with the holidays and then coming down with the flu :(
and i started this painting before even then, but i'm just finished it now :)

"phrenology"
it's called "phrenology" and it's about 16.5" inches square.

what happened was...
for mother's day last year, my husband bought me this phrenology head for my studio:

fowler phrenology head

i LOVE it! but it didn't seem to make sense to me. it's all organized and everything fits together, and i don't think that is the way my brains look.
so i made my own phrenology head that is probably more accurate for me.

here's some other views...

"phrenology"

"phrenology" detail

"phrenology"

i'm happy that the holidays are over! i'm ready for this new year! bring it!!!! :D
cheers!!!!!

3 comments:

L. Carol Christopher said...

Sus, I think it's my most favorite piece so far. Wonderful!

susarto said...

aw, yay!!! thanks quirk!!! xo

lilgreenshop said...

Love it!